The Dukan Diet in English forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My journey to a 40lb weight loss

4 posters

Go down

My journey to a 40lb weight loss Empty My journey to a 40lb weight loss

Post  hlinds Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:27 pm

This is actually the first real diet I have ever been on in my 42 years of life. I have cut back on particular items before but nothing ever like this. I found the attack diet pretty strict but made it through and lost 5 pounds, I have now been on the cruise phase for 3 weeks and have lost an additional 5 pounds. So 10 pounds in almost 4 weeks, I think that is pretty good. It has been very frustrating to not see the scale move for several days in a row, but then as if magic I will have dropped another 1.5lbs. So I have started to only weigh myself a couple days a week, this really helps with me not beating my self up. I have strayed from the diet once - my husband and I went to the Texas Rangers Baseball game and I had one peanut and 2 cups of popcorn, I know this is not a lot but I felt really bad for doing so.

It took me 3 years to gain this extra 40 pounds (I quit smoking), I do hope with the help of Dr. Dukan's book, my family and hopefully all the new people I will meet out there in "Dukan World" that I will have lost it all by my goal date of November 1, 2010. 142 Pounds Here I Come

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

My journey to a 40lb weight loss Empty My Journey

Post  hlinds Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:36 pm

This week was pretty difficult - I did not stray from the cruise phase, but boy I sure wanted to. People in the office brought chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate covered cherries and blueberries. Oh my goodness did they look good but I stayed true to the path I have chosen for myself.....at times strongly wondering why I chose this path, then see myself naked and am quickly reminded of my decision Smile I know (for the majority of us) the human body tends to head south the older we get but I did not know it would ever go this far Very Happy It is a pretty dirty trick to not let us keep the same metabolism we had for the first 20 so years of our lives. And why the heck did we have to create so many wonderful tasting foods. Sorry got side tracked.......

I have lost another pound - yea me !!!! 11 pounds now, I really do hope I can reach my goal weight. I think I can maybe not by my goal date of November 1. Just have to stay focused and on track. I would like to make a recommendation to anyone who drinks coffee - there is a product by Splenda - "Flavors for Coffee" and it is wonderful. I have found 3 flavors - French Vanilla, Mocha and Hazelnut - oh my goodness are they wonderful and 0 calories with less then 1g of carbs. This is much better than adding skim milk to it. I wish every one continued success and a great day. Heidi cheers

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

My journey to a 40lb weight loss Empty my journey continues

Post  hlinds Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:20 pm

Three days later and still the same weight - oh well still a good weight loss for a month into it. I am determined to make it to my goal weight of 142 pounds, I really want to fit in to the majority of my clothes again. I think I am eating enough but now after reading other posts I am really not sure. Here is the run down of a typical day.
6:00am - Fat free milk with vitamins and then large glass of ice water.
7:30am - Large cup of coffee (equivalent to 3.5 cups)
8:30am - Yogurt (6oz/Pot) and begin my 1 ltr. bottle of water
9:30am - Oat bran pancake, 2 pieces of low salt turkey bacon and another yogurt (6oz/pot).
11:30am - yogurt (6oz/pot) continue with my water and sometimes a tea
1:00pm - 2 ham steaks(low fat), 12oz cottage cheese (non-fat), yogurt, water
1:30pm - Walk for 30 minutes after lunch
3:30pm - Yogurt (6oz/pot) with a new glass of water as I have finished my ltr. bottle
5:30pm - Workout for 35minutes before dinner have another glass of water
6:30pm-7:00pm - Chicken breast, 12oz cottage cheese (non-fat), water or iced tea
sometimes in the evening after dinner I will have some jello or some fat free/sugar free pudding but usually nothing after 8pm.

On the protein and veggies day I usually throw in some grilled veggies such as asparagus, onions, mushrooms and peppers. I like salads but have not really been in the mood for them. Mushrooms and Peppers ALWAYS sound much much better.

30 pounds to go and determined to get there!!!!! Wishing you all continued success. Heidi

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

My journey to a 40lb weight loss Empty Interesting diet diary

Post  CarolH Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:50 pm

Hi hlinds

Have been reading your diary with interest, you have been so strong, dont think I could have withstood the temptation of the chocolate covered fruit (sounds reeeeally yummy).

It is reading all the comments on the forum that is keeping me motivated because I am not loosing weight as fast as others (especially my daughter). She has told me to eat much more protein each day (I am not a huge meat or fish eater). Have restarted on Attack doing just this and after four days will go back onto Cruise and hope that kickstarts a better overall loss. Am also not weighing myself now each day (SOO hard to do when you are being so good and want to know if it is working).

Keep the diary going, 3lb more and you will be a whole STONE down which is fantastic in just one month (would probably have taken you three months on any other diet or more).

CHXXX

Last edited by CarolH on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left out end bracket)

CarolH
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

My journey to a 40lb weight loss Empty Interest

Post  hlinds Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:07 pm

Hi Carol - I too gain strength from reading other posts, but sometimes I get discouraged as some seem to be losing so much more than me, but in the end all that matters is what I accomplish and I WILL get back into my size 10 jeans, slacks, shorts etc..... . My daughter (22 yrs) started this diet with me and gave up, I was so excited to have a partner to share this journey with and she thought it was too strict. She will come to her senses some day Very Happy She also has about 30 lb to lose, but not from quitting smoking hers is from having a baby. Which I bet most will come off when she goes back to work and not living the life of luxury at home (giggle giggle) This is not being mean to stay at home moms or anyone who stays at home it is just poking fun at my own daughter. I too at one time was a stay at home mom ...... any who I digress -
Good luck on your restart - if you ever need someone to talk to other than in this forum I do not mind sharing my email address with you, we could be across the sea diet buddies Laughing You are right about the weight loss it would not have happened this fast on a regular Jenny Craig/ Weight Watchers Diet - this diet is the only way to go for us !! Your daughter is right eat more protein - I too was not a big meat eater (usually just chicken) but I have changed all that and have found a thick juicy steak tastes oh so very good, especially with the right seasoning. I really like the fish - Tilapia - sprinkled with Cajun seasoning super yummy and this is coming from a person who would maybe eat fish 3 times a year. Don't beat yourself up I have tried and it does not good and here is to continued success for you and your daughter and every Dukanian out there.

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

My journey to a 40lb weight loss Empty Nice that we are helping each other

Post  CarolH Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:48 am

Hi

Interesting that your daughter is 30lb over after having her baby, my daughter Mummymouse had the same problem and is doing amazingly well, she has lost over 30lb in about 6 weeks whereas I am going a lot lot slower (I do think it is an age thing now you and I are both over 21).

I dont each much fish either and I have just found Tilapia and am going to start buying that as it is not too fishy (if you know what I mean).

Dont know how we can exchange emails without broadcasting it to the whole Dukan world but sounds good.

speak soon

Carol XX

CarolH
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

My journey to a 40lb weight loss Empty It is Wednesday - the first 30 days on the Dukan Diet

Post  hlinds Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:02 pm

Well this first 30 days has been quite the learning experience. An experience I am so glad I decided to give a try. My first 30 days included the attack phase and figuring out which dairy foods at our local market were non-fat, I must say there are quite a bit. YEA!!!!

I am kind of stuck at this 11 pound weight loss but I am not worried as the good book states "you will lose weight". I sometimes think I am one of those people that utilize every calorie consumed, but then tell myself it is just the fact that I am no longer 21, or the fact that my doctor has had me on hormones the past 3 months - trying to level things out (something for that time of the month for the females out there) I know TMI.

I am thankful for the new friendships I am forming on this site as I love to talk and gain support from others who are tying to accomplish the same thing I am. *Carol - I figured out the private message "PM" so I have sent you my email address.

Tomorrow I will begin the next 30 days and keeping my fingers crossed I will lose another 11 pounds, if I lose just 10 pounds a month for the next 3 months I will reach my "real weight" by November 1st, which means I will go to the consolidation phase, which means I can have a celebration meal on our American holiday of Thanksgiving!!!! cheers Roasted Turkey, Ham, Stuffing, Cranberries, Pumpkin Pie ---- now that is something to look forward to Smile

WISHING YOU ALL CONTINUED SUCCESS ON THIS WONDERFUL JOURNEY !!!!!! Heidi

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

My journey to a 40lb weight loss Empty hhmm top of page post re meals!!!

Post  mummymouse Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:17 pm

just dropped into this page and saw your meal planner for the day

Have you read it and noticed HOW LITTLE MEAT PROTEIN OR FISH is in your day????????

tut tut, smack hands. you are doing similar to my mum and eating the wrong bits, even though they are allowed

Add more meat protein. fish cooked/raw
lots of different meats/hot/cold
vary every thing

I would say eat less yog and more meat, for a few days and see what happens on 4th morning.

My mum feeds her squirrels more than she was eating, are you two in cahoots?

Keep going, you can do this. If i can anyone can, i left a few pud ideas on natalies page, that might help, they are heavy desserts, so very filling, and so you want to eat less dessert.

Hugs
MMxxx
cheers

mummymouse
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

My journey to a 40lb weight loss Empty re: MM reply ;o)

Post  hlinds Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:57 pm

MM - thanks for your thoughts I really do appreciate it. I will give it a try. I will try to increase my protein through meats, it will probably be through egg whites, chicken, beef. I have been trying to eat more fish but still it is not to my liking. I do eat tuna once a week and tilapia once a week. I could probably manage to add more tuna Smile

I love to read your blogs you are a very good motivational speaker - if you don't already do it for a living you should Cool I think it is fantastic that you and your Mom are doing this together. You and your Mom are great people. cheers

Wishing everyone on this journey continued success and sending as many positive vibes and thoughts as I can from the ole USA. xoxoxo's Heidi

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

My journey to a 40lb weight loss Empty ONE STONE CLUB

Post  hlinds Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:47 pm

Doing a little dance - doing a little cheer - YEA ME !!!!!! I have not weighed my self in close to a week and this morning I weighed 170 which means I am officially down 14 pounds !!!!!! ONE whole Stone for all the stoners out there (giggle-giggle) I am super duper excited as I sit here typing, drinking water and eating my egg whites with turkey bacon and salsa Very Happy cheers

I know today is a PV day so it will probably go back up a bit - but for the time being I will be super happy and proud!!!!! cheers I am so glad all of you are on this site. The encouragement and reading all the blogs really have helped me gain strength - I know I am talking like I reach my goal weight but this is very exciting for me bom Here is to the next stone/14lbs. I truly appreciate all of you and thank you for the first 14. xoxoxo's Heidi from Dallas, Texas, USA sunny

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

My journey to a 40lb weight loss Empty well done!

Post  bluebird Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:13 pm

Hi Heidi,

WOW! you have done really well! Many congratulations on losing your first stone, and thanks for sharing your journey with us all!

Keep up the good work!!

xxx

bluebird
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

My journey to a 40lb weight loss Empty Re: My journey to a 40lb weight loss

Post  mummymouse Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:16 pm

WHOOP WHOOP!!!, its a great feeling isn't it? I am so close to my next target, 3lb thats all i have to reach this target, then i will set another one. If i do loose the 3lb i plan to celebrate big time!!! we are off to Lego land and i will have a Cinnabon!!!! my all time favorite thing in the world, how ever if i don't reach it, i won't be having it and that will be that. i am not going to break this rule.

Well done H, i am soooo thrilled for you, you have worked hard and it paid off.

MMxxx Very Happy

mummymouse
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

My journey to a 40lb weight loss Empty re: Well Done!!

Post  hlinds Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:39 pm

Thank you Bluebird and MM your support is so helpful, I really do appreciate it!!!! Very Happy Here is a big thumbs up to the next week I am aiming for 2 lbs by next Sunday so we will see. Although I must say I will be happy with any downward trend What a Face

As always wishing you all continued success and MM oh goodness do I hope you reach your goal and treat yourself with a Cinnabon!!!! I agree those things are so very tasty, yummy and just plain delightful!!!

xoxo's to you all, Heidi cheers

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

My journey to a 40lb weight loss Empty Well done Heidi

Post  CarolH Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:18 pm

Just returned from a four day stay with relatives so this is the first I have heard of your fantastic breakthrough of a WHOLE STONE!!!

I haven't weighed myself since last Friday so tomorrow I am hoping for good news. I went back on attack for four days and ate lots more protein, then as we were going away for four days, I thought it would be so much easier for me and our hostess, to do four days on P&Veg. I have been SOOOOO good, haven't deviated from the diet in any way while I was away. Took my bran and skimmed milk with me for my breakfasts, some hard boiled eggs to nibble on, packs of sliced ham and chicken, some low fat vanilla yoghurts, salads and stir fry veg and with the things our hostess cooked which I could eat, it was fine. I also made up a sugar free jelly as soon as I arrived and ate some of that with yoghurt each evening when everyone else had cheese and biscuits or dessert.

Hope I can catch you up with that 14lb loss soon.

CarolXXX

CarolH
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  hlinds Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:53 pm

Carol you will catch up, I am positive!!!! Wont reaching the one stone mark put you pretty darn close to your target????

Stay positive - stay on track and think happy thoughts!!!!!

OH my goodness I am so very tired today - I feel the way a huge dessert makes you feel about an hour or so after eating it AND the sad part is I have not had a huge dessert or any dessert for that matter. It really does feel like a "carb" tired, maybe my body misses those "carb" tired feelings so it is reminding me of what I am missing Razz

SENDING HAPPY THOUGHTS TO YOU!!!!!!! XOXOX'S HEIDI

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

My journey to a 40lb weight loss Empty Still got 20lb to go

Post  CarolH Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:52 pm

So, bit of a slog to go yet but another 5lb will get me to my first stone off marker, cant wait.

So nice to have lots of encouragement from everyone.

Be happy

Carol XXX

CarolH
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

My journey to a 40lb weight loss Empty keep moving on....

Post  hlinds Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:13 pm

Very Happy
OK - I figured out why I was so very tired and have been so very tired for the past 5 days. I have always had low iron issues, not super low but always 1 or 2 points to low to give blood. Well after doing so research, I have discovered that ------ dairy products contribute to blocking the absorption of IRON. I am drinking more and eating more dairy than I ever have in my entire life. So the problem is solved, now instead of taking my iron supplement in the morning with my big glass of 0 fat milk I will take it in the evening with my water.

My weight is at a stand still again, but that TOM is approaching so I am sure that has something to do with it. Looking forward to that all being over with and then will have approx. 2 weeks for the weight to come off again Razz

Continued well wishes to you all, xoxox's Heidi

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down