The Dukan Diet in English forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Everyone

4 posters

Go down

Hi Everyone Empty Hi Everyone

Post  swimnini Mon May 03, 2010 1:19 pm

Hello my fellow Dukan Dieters,

I am so happy to have found this forum so I can share my progress with everyone else who is on this diet.
Personally I find it to be the most healthy and realistic diet plan around, however it gives you a fast weight loss which encourage us to stay on it!!

Back to myself, I am an Asian girl who had been consider "chubby" (in my home country) pretty much all my adult life. I was 164/64kg when I started my Attack phase 4 days ago, I am now on my first day of PP/PV Phase. You may not think I need to loose too much but every time I visit my family back home, I get this constant nagging "ohh.. honey you need to loose a few kilos" its because I'd be standing in the crowd of skinny Asian girl which makes me look like a "king kong barbie". I live in Australia where my size appears to be smaller then average, but whenever I think of flying home I'd be under pressure and frustration of not being appreciated because of my size compared to girls in home country.

This morning my scale showed 63.2kg which is the result of my 4-day attack phase. My goal weight is 56kg, I am very happy about the progress so far coz during the whole phase I am always eating and sometimes when I felt full for so long that I had to force myself to eat again as it is important to match my Basic Metabolism Rate so the diet will work better for me.

This really is a happy diet for me, I am starting me new job tomorrow, hopefully I can stick to the diet while adjusting to my new routine!!!

swimnini
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Hi Everyone Empty Re: Hi Everyone

Post  Simon Tue May 04, 2010 12:32 am

Welcome to the forum swimnini Very Happy
Simon
Simon

http://dukan-diet.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris Tue May 04, 2010 11:57 am

Hi, just found this forum and wanted to drop by. how is your day going?

Paris
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  swimnini Tue May 04, 2010 12:26 pm

Paris wrote:Hi, just found this forum and wanted to drop by. how is your day going?

Hi Paris,

Thanks for asking my day went well in fact I survived my first day at my new job yay!!
But after my first PV day, there wasnt any weight change... I am a bit frustrated... but I am going to stick it up until my PP days hopefully things will go uphill by then!!
How is your diet going?

swimnini
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris Tue May 04, 2010 1:49 pm

Terrible to be honest, i havent cheated once and have lost nothing since Thursday, very un-motivated to be honest Sad

Paris
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Tue May 04, 2010 8:37 pm

It could well be water retention, Paris. All diets will plateau and the scales may show you've even gained a pound or two. You must have faith that the diet is still working and get through this plateau.

Weight loss should always been thought of as a weekly or even monthly loss, rather than daily.

Don't give up! Very Happy
Simon
Simon

Back to top Go down

Post  swimnini Tue May 04, 2010 11:23 pm

thanks Simon,

I think Amanda and I here are facing the same frustration, waking up to my third PV day (which I see is the result of the previous diet day), I find the scale sticking to the same number, I know its only been two days without any loss but from previous experience this is where I start to get frustrated and impatient then eventually give up!!!!!! Mad
However, I still decide to keep going after all this is the easiest diet I have ever been on!
Very Happy

Stay positive!!!! for amanda and I and all those who are facing the same frustration!!!!!

swimnini
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  swimnini Tue May 04, 2010 11:36 pm

actually, I couldn't stop but think that its the splash of soy sauce I had been having for the last two days, thinking it could be the sodium thats causing the water retention..... I only added a drip of soy sauce in my steamed celery for dinner to add flavor. They don't sell the Dukan book here in Aussie so I didn't know if soy sauce is allowed?!

I am staying away from the soy sauce from now on and see how thing pick up!!

swimnini
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  MissGrey Wed May 05, 2010 2:24 am

Definitely avoid sodium! For the last few days I have been GAINING weight, and the only think I did differently is add a little more soy salt/salt to my food. If thyroid function is an issue for you, sodium can actually build up in your body even if you are avoiding salt altogether! I am reading that potassium and drinking electrolytes helps this, so I will be adding these to my diet starting tomorrow to see if it makes any difference.

Good luck all! Smile
MissGrey
MissGrey
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Wed May 05, 2010 4:17 am

1 litre of water weighs 2 lbs

(a can of diet coke + filter coffee + glass of water)

10ml of soy sauce will help you retain that water in your tissues.

You will weight 2lbs more.

This will last a couple of days.

Now you probably won't have 10ml of soy sauce. You may have 5ml in two meals. You will be eating other salts so the soy sauce just adds to it. If you slip and eat something salty, then you will put on a few pounds of water weight. Or you will be putting on as much as you lose, so appear to lose nothing.

If this happens, don't worry. Cut down on salt (by not adding extra salt) and drink plenty of water to flush the system. Those extra lbs will go and you'll start losing weight again.
Simon
Simon

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris Wed May 05, 2010 8:19 am

hi all, thanks for the motivation, am peed of still though as lost nothing again this morning Mad

Paris
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  swimnini Fri May 07, 2010 11:50 am

Hi all,

Hope your diet has been good to you!!!

I had a slip up tonight when a friend of mine took me out to sushi afterwards I had a chochip cookie then heaps of nuts and fry fruit.... I am feeling really guilty now. this is my 5th PL day, so tomorrow I am planning to be back on 5 attack/PP for the damage control!! Hopefully I can reverse the situation a bit >< I am so going to the gym tomorrow an work those extra sins off....

I was very proud of myself the other day when I went to reward myself a piece of restaurant cooked steak which came with salad, prawn with creamy garlic sauce and ...........chips. I managed to not touch the chips at all!!! but was tempted to have some of mine favorite garlic sauce...
the next morning I ended up loosing 0.4kg! which was exciting!!!

swimnini
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum