The Dukan Diet in English forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Southeast Asian Style Stir Fry

Go down

Southeast Asian Style Stir Fry Empty Southeast Asian Style Stir Fry

Post  MissGrey Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:37 am

You can do this with scallops, shrimp, or we used a lobster tail once. Yummy! I usually serve this with buckwheat soba noodles mixed in - obviously not for Dukan, but everything else is right on target!

Ingredients
• protein of choice - scallops with collars removed, peeled & deveined shrimp, or even small strips of chicken or beef
• vegetables of choice - good for this are asparagus tips, shallots, leeks (yum), shiitake mushrooms, broccoli florets, red pepper, whole basil, spinach or arugula leaves....I usually use about 3 veg because too many gets sloppy

For the marinade:
• 1 T oil (I suppose this can be optional if you are really being rigid about the fats, but it does help the cooking process)
• dash soy sauce
• red pepper flakes to taste
• Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce to taste
• rice vinegar
• minced basil
• minced cilantro
• juice of 1 lime
• if you like, add a little Thai red curry paste YUM

1. Mix up enough marinade to coat the protein and set aside. Marinate for up to 8 hours. Make about 1/4 cup more marinade for the actual stir fry.
2. In a wok or suitable saucepan (I use a little Le Creuset dutch oven), heat either 1 T oil or 3 T water over medium heat. Add the veg which needs a little extra cooking time, say the peppers or the leeks. Stir or cover and steam until crisp tender.
3. If using scallops, sear separately and set aside.
4. Shrimp goes into the wok/pan about 3-4 minutes before the end, chicken or beef about 5-7 depending on strip thickness.
5. I like to put the spinach or arugula in right at the very end and just wilt the leaves for 30 seconds.
6. When all ingredients are cooked, add marinade to taste (you shouldn't need too much really, it's very flavorful) and stir.
7. Transfer to a plate. If using scallops, lay them over the top.

It couldn't be easier and as you see it's an incredibly versatile recipe.
MissGrey
MissGrey
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum