The Dukan Diet in English forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mushrooms

4 posters

Go down

mushrooms Empty mushrooms

Post  kimba Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:28 am

mushrooms have protein but I gather they are only allowed in the cruise not attack as they are technically a vegetable?
kimba
kimba
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

mushrooms Empty mushrooms

Post  bluebird Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:59 am

hi
Yes, mushrooms are only allowed in Veg days, but you are allowed Quorn in protein days.

hope this helps

xx

bluebird
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

mushrooms Empty re: mushrooms

Post  hlinds Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Oh my goodness do I LOVE mushrooms sauted (just plain without butter or oil) with fresh garlic, I could eat them every day - but do not - usually just 3 times a week Very Happy

Bluebird could you please tell me what Quorn is???? is it something like soy??? Thanks so much, Heidi

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

mushrooms Empty Quorn

Post  bluebird Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:22 pm

Hi
I'll do my best to explain what Quorn is, as it's a brand name here in the UK. I'm sorry I don't know if it's available elsewhere in the world but i'm sure someone will enlighten us!

This is taken from www.quorn.co.uk and is about mycoproteins:-Mycoprotein is the main ingredient in all Quorn products. It's made from a member of the fungi family (like mushrooms and truffles) and is a high-quality meat-free protein that's naturally low in fat, with very few calories. It's high in dietary fibre (important for your digestive system) and has the essential amino acids your body needs, with no cholesterol or trans fats at all.

It also gives the website www.mycoprotein.org which might help you find similar in the USA.
Quorn is very versatile and can be used as a meat replacement.

Let me know how you get on

xx

bluebird
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

mushrooms Empty Quorn

Post  hlinds Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:31 pm

Why thank you for the answer - I do believe that is the best answer I have ever received Smile I will go to the store this weekend and see if I can find it. I saw this food mentioned in some recipes but it was not listed on the 100 items in my book. I do understand that there are different translated versions of the book so maybe it did not make it in to mine.

Anyway it sounds like a great product and I am looking forward to finding it and trying it. Have a great week and wishing you continued success. Heidi xxx's cheers

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

mushrooms Empty Re: mushrooms

Post  mummymouse Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:35 pm

If you do find the Quorn product, it does make a fabulous spagetti bolognaise meal. Ideal for pv days. you can use it just like mince, then add lots of vegtables and a good jar of tom sauce and then ring me and i will come for dinner... lol

MMxxx Very Happy

mummymouse
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

mushrooms Empty Re: mushrooms

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum