The Dukan Diet in English forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off to a good start!

2 posters

Go down

Off to a good start! Empty Off to a good start!

Post  maisie Tue May 18, 2010 9:15 pm

I'm 5'1" and my starting weight was 174lbs. Currently on day 4 of attack and am so far delighted with the results (have shed 5lbs). Finding it quite easy so far, even had a bad day at work topped off by the fact that somebody drank all my skimmed milk and I had to drink my coffee black. Did not seek solace in the biscuits that were being passed round and wasn't even tempted.
All good at the moment. It's good to be free of sugar highs and lows and feel more on an even keel! Wish I'd found this diet years ago! Very Happy

maisie
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Off to a good start! Empty Re: Off to a good start!

Post  Lesley Tue May 18, 2010 10:40 pm

Hiya Maisie
Well done.
I dont know about you but I could easily stay on the attack phase and not bother with the veg!
Enjoy the proteins, especially the smoked fish
Lesley
x

Lesley
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Off to a good start! Empty Going to try and get over the fish thing!

Post  maisie Fri May 21, 2010 12:41 am

Hi Lesley
Nice to hear from you.
I'm still doing well 6 days on but have not weighed myself again, I know it's working though as my clothes are beginning to feel a bit more comfortable and less restrictive. Go on to the next phase tomorrow so will include some veg and go for the 1/1 method. So far have been eating chicken, steak and lean ham. Not the widest variety but you have got me thinking about fish! Haven't eaten it in years. Was born on a small scottish Island where fish was on the table most of the time, don't know if I just got fed up with it or what happpened but I just haven't been able to eat it in years. This way of eating has got me thinking about trying it again. Maybe I'll start with a simple piece of white fish and take it from there.
You're also right about the spices! Over the past week have become very creative with flavour! Think I'll have honed my cookery skills quite a bit by the end of this!
Have also discovered the wonderful world of herbal teas, loving fennel tea which is also an appetiite suppressant! how convenient!
Keep up the good work!
Maisie Wink

maisie
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesley Fri May 21, 2010 10:10 pm

Hi Maisie

try peppered smoked mackerel from tesco, its lush!
A few salad leaves and some cucumber too.
I reckon you'll love it!
Lesley
x

Lesley
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down