• 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
• bunch scallions/green onions, mostly green part, chopped
• red, orange or yellow bell pepper, julienned (or a combo)
• 1/2 carrot peeled and julienned
• several leaves of napa cabbage, chopped
• about 1/3 cup red or green cabbage, julienned
• mint, basil, cilantro, chopped
• fish sauce
• juice of one lime
1. Poach chicken breasts in water with some of the green onions. Remove from water and shred into small pieces (discard onions)
Cut chicken into strips and "velvet" using 1 egg white and 2 t cornstarch, then sautee lightly until chicken is cooked.
2. Put all ingredients into a large bowl - proportion according to taste (i.e. if you love peppers, add more, etc.). Toss with fish sauce and lime juice and chill for at least a couple hours - overnight is best.
3. Enjoy cold, perhaps with a quick squeeze of fresh lime over top!
- Newly Expressive
- Posts : 39
Join date : 2010-04-26
Age : 49
Location : Santa Monica, CA