The Dukan Diet in English forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 kg to get rid of

4 posters

Go down

10 kg to get rid of Empty 10 kg to get rid of

Post  Gem Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:15 am

Losing 10 kg is really a tough task coz I have high density in body due to long term gym exercises.

Also I've been on low carb low sugar high protein diet for years, and the weight varied dramatically when I could control the dessert and when I could not, I have sweet tooth by the way. It seems to me not so hard to lose weight, but to keep it stable! I gained 10 kg in 10 months when I was relocated to another city for work which broke my routine sports and diet program.

I'm wondering if this high protein program can still work on me coz I guess my body is really used to that. Yet I still give a try, why not. And the blueprint that I can keep the weight stable forever with no need to control my diet strictly after half a year is so intriguing.

I'm on my third day of Attack. Though the Dukan system suggest the Attack phase to be 3, I plan to make it 5.
It's now 6 am in the morning here. I'm pulling myself out of bed and making a scrambled egg or oatbran pancake for breakfast.

Good luck to all.

Gem
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

10 kg to get rid of Empty Re: 10 kg to get rid of

Post  Admin Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:19 pm

Hi Gem,

I bet this logbook will be interesting for a lot of people in a similar case as yours.
I'm also curious to see your evolution and see if this diet work on people used to do some sport.

Anyway, this diet might be interesting for you because it will teach you how to stabilize your weight with some rules.

Go for it! And keep us updated Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dukan-diet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gem Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:59 am

Thanks!

As predicted, my weight did not drop rapidly like that of most others did, no more than 0.5 kg in the past 4 attack days. Long-term high protein low carb diet makes the dukan diet bring no big surprise to my metablisom system. And the bad luck is I'm down with flu, so I do not exercise adequately as usual.

Anyway I'm not giving up. A long term stable weight with normal food intake is some goal worthing the effort. I'm tired of the sharp weight fluctuation so much.

Gem
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  belethca1wen Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:46 am

Hi Gem,

I'd put myself on a very similar diet to the Dukan diet for over a year before I started but lost about 5kg in the whole year. It wasn't as strict however, and for me even though it was very similar I am still losing lots! (Though I have a lot more to lose than you). So from personal experience I would say it still works! I also didn't lose much in the attack phase but have been continually losing since - I suppose the 'shock' just isn't as intense if you've already eaten quite similarly anyway.

Keep going and good luck!
belethca1wen
belethca1wen
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Gem Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:43 pm

belethca1wen wrote:Hi Gem,

I'd put myself on a very similar diet to the Dukan diet for over a year before I started but lost about 5kg in the whole year. It wasn't as strict however, and for me even though it was very similar I am still losing lots! (Though I have a lot more to lose than you). So from personal experience I would say it still works! I also didn't lose much in the attack phase but have been continually losing since - I suppose the 'shock' just isn't as intense if you've already eaten quite similarly anyway.

Keep going and good luck!

thanks bele for sharing ur exp. It is encouraging! I think when I get over the flu, some cardio exercises will speed up my progress. But my first concern is the stability problem. In ur case, you found the dukan outcome became a stable status? Do you put on weight easily when you sometimes lose your intake control?

Gem
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  belethca1wen Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:59 pm

do you mean in general if I eat more? Normally if I eat anything 'bad' I instantly put on weight - I've kept to the Dukan diet without eating anything that wasn't allowed though, except once 2 mini quiches and a chicken wing with oil because it couldn't be avoided (and couldn't weigh myself until 3 days after), so I don't really know if I would put the weight back on - my guess is yes Wink
belethca1wen
belethca1wen
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Shelley Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:10 pm

I was bad last weekend and felt like i gone back to day one....its horrible.
I hope this weekend i can be a whole lot better. Plan to make chicken muffins and stuffed mushrooms to take with me on my weekend away with my boyfriend and his family. That way i wont be caught out like you were by the sounds of it.
Hope you managed to get your head around the fact we all have off days and things that cant be avoided. Learn from it and know for next time Smile

Good luck xx
Shelley
Shelley
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Gem Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:27 am

belethca1wen wrote:do you mean in general if I eat more? Normally if I eat anything 'bad' I instantly put on weight - I've kept to the Dukan diet without eating anything that wasn't allowed though, except once 2 mini quiches and a chicken wing with oil because it couldn't be avoided (and couldn't weigh myself until 3 days after), so I don't really know if I would put the weight back on - my guess is yes Wink

Of course when we eat too much we gain weight. But in my case, that's close to immediate effect. E.g., When I went out for the weekend and had 3 big meals in a row, the next day I would weigh like 2kg more! I took a trip for 10 days in April and gained more than 4kg, and I did cardio almost every day during the trip!

That's why I'm interested in Dukan. I'm really tired of sticking to low-carb, non-sugar diet all the year! I just want to eat like the majority, some starchy food, some dessert, not too much, but still keep my weight in a stable status. Controlling carb and sugar all the time does cause some emotional breakdown. Sad

Gem
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  belethca1wen Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:36 am

Hi Gem,

yes that seems similar to me too, I do just gain right away - people always say that this can't be true but and that I would be gaining just like everyone else but it certainly feels that way! My mother always notices when I've eaten something I shouldn't have - so it even shows! I also really understand your concern about being sick and tired of watching what you eat but hopefully remembering that losing the 10kg won't take you that long but do remember that the 10days for every kg lost in the consolidation phase is probably the most important so do stick that one out to. I'm not too sure about the stabilization phase after, but it sounds like you can eat normally (obviously still within reason) as long as you do the one day PP.
So just keep that in mind that you will be able to keep the weight once you've lost it without having to sit on the sidelines and having to find alternatives Smile Hopefully by remembering this you won't find the last few months (you've done so much already may as well give it a few more months!) so hard.
belethca1wen
belethca1wen
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Gem Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:53 pm

wiping off tears and shaking hands with beleth!

ppl always think I'm exaggerative by telling them I may gain 1kg after a big meal. They cannot imagine how some cheese cakes plus some fried rice with curry sauce plus some chocolate mousse would have immediate effect on human body. See, we DO exist as a distinctive population, a tragic population though...weeping...

Just I'm not willing to give in to this ultimate injustice in life, lol!

Fight Fight Fight! oops there's no violent fighting icon in this forum...

Gem
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum