The Dukan Diet in English forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On last day of attack phase

+2
belethca1wen
balders
6 posters

Go down

On last day of attack phase Empty On last day of attack phase

Post  balders Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi

I had 35 lb to lose when I started 5 days ago and have lost 2.5 lb, which I am a little disappointed at. I was really hoping I would lose more during this phase.

I am going to move on to a PV day tomorrow because I think 5 days is probably enough for the attack phase. I am soooo excited about being able to eat veggies again! Yay!!

Pia

Total loss required - 35lb
Loss to date - 2.5lb
Current phase - Attack

balders
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

On last day of attack phase Empty Re: On last day of attack phase

Post  belethca1wen Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:21 pm

Hi Pia!
Just to let you know that I have 46lbs to lose and in an attack phase that lasted 7 days lost almost the same as you did. Try not to be influenced by what other people are losing as that can really make you lose sight of your great results. 2.5lbs in 5 days is a lot! When would you have ever thought you could lose that in less than a week without starving yourself?

I have steadily lost 2.2lbs every week since so though it may not have been a great loss there, clearly I'm still losing almost as much as then and this week is looking like I'll get way past that! Very Happy

actually writing this I'm sure it's probably you who I told this on facebook already - oops. Oh well maybe someone new will read it and realise they're not alone either Smile

On last day of attack phase Reglette-10-04-26-9269.8-85.1
belethca1wen
belethca1wen
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  balders Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:30 am

Hi

Thanks for your reply. You're correct that 2.5lb loss is much more than I've ever lost on such a short period of time.

How long have you been doing the diet?

Pia

balders
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:42 am

2.5lbs in 5 days is a great result. Everyone loses at different rates and some more than others. 2.5lbs is not to be sneezed at though, well done! Very Happy
Simon
Simon

http://dukan-diet.info

Back to top Go down

Post  belethca1wen Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:08 pm

balders wrote:Hi

Thanks for your reply. You're correct that 2.5lb loss is much more than I've ever lost on such a short period of time.

How long have you been doing the diet?

Pia

I've been doing it for a month now - and it actually seems to be getting easier not harder!
belethca1wen
belethca1wen
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  kath42 Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:28 pm

Hi, I have been on the diet now for 6 days, Ihave followed it straight to the letter. I have about 1 stone 11 pounds to lose, after 6 days I have lost 1 pound and am soooo disappointed. I dont know what to do to get things started, everyone seems to be doing so well. Hubby has lost 6 pounds, I am eating the same as he is all be it in smaller quantities. Any suggestions or observations would be apptreciated. But onward and hopefully downward i will keep going.

kath42
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  belethca1wen Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:42 pm

kath42 wrote:Hi, I have been on the diet now for 6 days, Ihave followed it straight to the letter. I have about 1 stone 11 pounds to lose, after 6 days I have lost 1 pound and am soooo disappointed. I dont know what to do to get things started, everyone seems to be doing so well. Hubby has lost 6 pounds, I am eating the same as he is all be it in smaller quantities. Any suggestions or observations would be apptreciated. But onward and hopefully downward i will keep going.

Hi Kath,

don't despair! You'll manage to lose it too!!

Are you near your period or on them? How much water do you drink?
belethca1wen
belethca1wen
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  balders Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:17 pm

Hi Kath

Are you doing the 20 minute walk? If not it may be worth a try to see if things start moving.

Pia
PV day 1
2.5lb loss

balders
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

On last day of attack phase Empty Aged 67 so no probs with periods, drinking loads and quite active, very confused why no results

Post  kath42 Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:32 pm

[dquote="belethca1wen"]
kath42 wrote:Hi, I have been on the diet now for 6 days, Ihave followed it straight to the letter. I have about 1 stone 11 pounds to lose, after 6 days I have lost 1 pound and am soooo disappointed. I dont know what to do to get things started, everyone seems to be doing so well. Hubby has lost 6 pounds, I am eating the same as he is all be it in smaller quantities. Any suggestions or observations would be apptreciated. But onward and hopefully downward i will keep going.

Hi Kath,

don't despair! You'll manage to lose it too!!

Are you near your period or on them? How much water do you drink?[/quote][i]

kath42
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:39 pm

To Kath and balders,

Listen to the advices of bel and don't get discouraged by the result of the others.
I had a great start during my attack phase and at the early weeks of the cruise phase. Then it started to slow down.
If you add that many times i had a loss of motivation, then you just get late on your plan.

My cruise phase was supposed to be ending on April 24th with 84.7 Kg.
We are on April 27th, and i'm still 13 Kg (28.66 lbs) above the plans.

And then ? Should I give up ? Of course not! It will take more time, but i will achieve my goal!

Always remember this : Don't pay attention of the time it takes, ONLY THE RESULT IS IMPORTANT. YOUR result is important! Just use the other Dukaneers experiences an success to motivate you, and not to get discouraged.

Don't give up, keep your motivation high, and the proteins will do the rest:)

Last edited by Admin on Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dukan-diet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  belethca1wen Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:39 pm

I know from my mother doing some researcher that it sadly does become harder the older you get. Rest assured however that though it may be slower than some of the stories you read here it *will* work for you as well! There are plenty of women in your age range on the french website who are able to support each other and I know that they are all losing!

Just try to remember that it is normal for you to be losing at the speed that you are, and actually a great success! Smile

As pia said if you are able to increase your activity level that will really help - things like walking or even standing instead of sitting!
belethca1wen
belethca1wen
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  belethca1wen Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:47 pm

sorry another thing, if you feel that you are retaining too much water you can also try drinking less! Sounds silly but some people will keep the water if they drink too much so if you drink plenty maybe give it a go to not drink when you're not thirsty for a bit and see if you feel a difference.
belethca1wen
belethca1wen
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:04 pm

belethca1wen wrote:sorry another thing, if you feel that you are retaining too much water you can also try drinking less! Sounds silly but some people will keep the water if they drink too much so if you drink plenty maybe give it a go to not drink when you're not thirsty for a bit and see if you feel a difference.

I'm not that much concerned about it as I'm a man, but in the book (French version), Dr Dukan mentions that women especially keep the water when they're having their periods.

He also says to not worry about taking some weight, it will be lost after the period.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

On last day of attack phase Empty Glad you are all there to support

Post  kath42 Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:15 pm

How wonderful you all are, thankyou, I will keep it going and as you say even a pound lost is a degree of success.

kath42
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

On last day of attack phase Empty Hello everyone

Post  Louise67 Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:16 pm

Hi all,

I am on Day 3 of the Attack phase & I shall be doing this for 5 days in total, then onto the next stage.

I haven't weighed myself because I was scared to see what I weighed I think approx 14 stones though, as I am in a size 16 clothes & previously I have weighed this when I have been this size. So I am going to monitor by weight loss by the loosness of my clothes, however, once I am in a size 14 I shall be brave enough to weigh mysel lol..

Also I sometimes think you can lose inches rather than weight so anyone who may find themselves discouraged by not losing the pounds might be losing the inches instead at times. There is a great man on these forums called Simon who writes his own blog also & has lots of really tasty, very easy to do recipes & he adds to these daily & I must say he has been my lifesaver as I do not have the book yet..

Best of luck to everyone,
Louise Smile

Louise67
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:41 pm

Hello Louise,

There is one important things you should remember about having a diet. The scale is not your ennemy at all!
You know, 8 month ago, I thought like you that weighing myself would kill me. But it didn't ^^

Yes you're right, at first the scale is not giving good news, but as long as you're doing your diet, you'll notice the decrease. A weeks month later, you will compare with your starting weight, and you will smile, and get more motivated.

Just make the scale your friend, and you'll find out that it will be! My scale tells me when i'm not respecting the rules, or doing something wrong with the diet. Really, don't be ashamed to weigh yourself. It's just the starting point of any diet.

Good luck in your diet :-)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down