The Dukan Diet in English forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kidney Problems

4 posters

Go down

Kidney Problems Empty Kidney Problems

Post  Terry19 Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:06 am

Iss it really true that if you do not drink enough water every day that there is a risk of kidney problems? I have done some research on this whilst on the diet and some articles say the kidneys can deal with extra proteins whilst others say that if you already have an exisiting kidney problem this can cause further damage - I also read that symptoms of kidney disease dont appear until after you have lost over 60% of kidney function. I have had frothy urine since starting this diet - another symptom that the kidneys are damaged. However on the other hand, bodybuilders can have around 350mg/day of protein and I at most probably would have about 200mg - they dont seem to have any problems???? What do you think?

Terry19
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Kidney Problems Empty Re: Kidney Problems

Post  Simon Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:29 am

Dukan recommends that you drink lots of water on the diet, around 3 litres. You need to drink lots of water to help your kidneys. I don't know about your case, but I doubt that you could damage your kidneys after just six days high protein intake.
Simon
Simon

http://dukan-diet.info

Back to top Go down

Post  mjkelly Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:30 pm

However if your urine is frothy, it was never like that before I'd get yourself down to the GP and ask!

too much protein and not enough water can leave you with too much uric acid. Over time can cause kidney stones.
mjkelly
mjkelly
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:13 am

Frothy urine is caused by protein in the urine. There are many reasons, some innocent and some more worrying, behind protein being in the urine. Your GP will want to do a urine test. Make sure you tell him or her that you are on a high protein diet (the most likely explanation for the protein in the urine).
Simon
Simon

http://dukan-diet.info

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:28 am

This is also a problem I had. I'm doing a blood test every 2 month to be sure i don't have any lack about vitamines or something.

My problem is that i'm doing too much uric acid. My doctor required me to drink more, so now i'm drinking 5+ liters per day and it's going far better.

Don't hesitate to drink more, and also make sure you're followed medically speaking. Do a blood test regularly. It's better for your self serenity ^^

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dukan-diet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum