The Dukan Diet in English forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi - I am Heidi and hoping to lose a total of 40lbs!!!

2 posters

Go down

Hi - I am Heidi and hoping to lose a total of 40lbs!!! Empty Hi - I am Heidi and hoping to lose a total of 40lbs!!!

Post  hlinds Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:09 pm

I am Heidi from Dallas, Texas USA and I will lose 40 lbs on the Dukan Diet. I want to be a size 10 again, I have a whole closet of size 10 clothing that has been gathering dust over the past 3 years (this is how long it took me to gain my extra weight). I love talking to people and creating new friendships so I hope there will be some support on this site Very Happy Wishing the very best success to all of you on this fantastic journey. sunny

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Hi - I am Heidi and hoping to lose a total of 40lbs!!! Empty Re: Hi - I am Heidi and hoping to lose a total of 40lbs!!!

Post  Linda Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:42 pm

Hello Heidi. It's really good to have you around. Good luck on the diet. My weight has been hanging around for 22 years, and I'm a size 12-14 when you can count every bone in my body. Only one size 14 in my closet though.... and then I cheated by shifting the buttons. It's probably a size 16, but loose now. The label looks good though and it won't be long until I have to move those buttons back Smile.
Linda
Linda
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

http://www.chinese-swords-guide.com

Back to top Go down

Hi - I am Heidi and hoping to lose a total of 40lbs!!! Empty re: Hello

Post  hlinds Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:05 pm

Well hello Linda, I am so glad you responded to my HELLO - Very Happy I have more size 14's in my closet than I care to count.....so a huge bravo to you. I have never felt comfortable talking about myself let alone the thought of posting weight loss achievements online (public's eye), but I have been trying to do so on this site and it feels good. I am now down 11 pounds according to the scale. I am not sure where it has came off as my clothes are just a little looser. I keep trying my size 12's but they are way to tight in the thighs and hips for me to be comfortable, if I was 16 again I am sure I would appreciate the tightness but not now. I saw on another post that you have dug an area for a garden, have you grown anything yet? My daughter and I grew tomatoes and green beans several years back and it was so much fun to come home and see how they had grown - now I come home to see how much my grand-baby has grown and changed. Continued well wishes on this Dukan adventure to you and everyone on this site and beyond. Talk to you soon. Heidi

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Hi - I am Heidi and hoping to lose a total of 40lbs!!! Empty Re: Hi - I am Heidi and hoping to lose a total of 40lbs!!!

Post  Linda Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:51 am

11 pounds already - great going Smile

Yes, I've grown vegetables before. I grew up on a farm and all our food was home grown. I started calling back my farming experience a couple of years back for two reasons - because these skills will matter if the world changes in the future, and because I think all the chemicals and interferance with food might be contributing to our health problems. I ordered in half a trailor load of vege growing soil to improve my garden and all of a sudden things grew. In fact, they grew so well that even through the winter, I have a small garden full of growing vegetables. I cover them from frost. Spring is approaching and I have seedlings preparing in a little greenhouse but there was going to be nowhere to grow them. That's why I dug up a big new patch. By August/September, when the frosts are over, I'll have it topped with vege growing soil and seedlings ready to plant for Spring. It's good fun, healthy, and great exercise. I can't put tomatoes and beans in up here until at least October, so I usually buy well grown tomato plants. My favourite is the Wis...something unspellable.. Peach, a fuzzy yellow tomato that tastes wonderful.
Linda
Linda
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

http://www.chinese-swords-guide.com

Back to top Go down

Hi - I am Heidi and hoping to lose a total of 40lbs!!! Empty re: Hello

Post  hlinds Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:16 pm

Linda - that is wonderful that you are doing all of that how industrious of you. I do not think I could ever keep a large garden going like that, I have a hard time with my 2 house plants. I do not have a green thumb at all, which is why I think my daughter and I grew tomatoes and green beans (they did not need to much help) Very Happy

I bet your garden makes your PV days wonderful, I bet you kitchen smells delightful What a Face I fully agree with you on the reason to take up gardening again. That is a very useful tool to have along with canning your own food. I know how to can dill pickles but I do not think I could survive very long on them. I enjoyed my PV day very much yesterday for dinner I had a lean hamburger patty with grilled onions, mushrooms and asparagus. Oh my goodness was it so yummy. I lost 8 more ounces - woohoo !!! I do hope it stays away. I have never heard of the tomatoes you mentioned as your favorite, I will have to go to our local farmers market and see if they have some. Take care and wishing you continued success sunny Heidi

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down