The Dukan Diet in English forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slimkore's diary

5 posters

Go down

Slimkore's diary Empty Slimkore's diary

Post  slimkore Mon May 31, 2010 11:40 pm

I'm flying a bit blind on this food plan as I don't own the book. I thought I'd log my meals and progress here. I'd appreciate comments and suggestions.

I started the "attack" phase yesterday, although I think I might've goofed a bit. I'm not sure how much oat bran we're meant to have during this phase.

I didn't weigh in but the last weight I recorded was 77.3 kg (I'm 170 cm and a bit on the muscular-side--I'm aiming for my usual weight just under 70 kg) on the Thursday evening previous. I'll note I was in hospital then, weighed while clothed and a heart monitor strapped to me. And fluids pumped into me introveniously. Long story, and nothing serious worth mentioning here. I was also days away from getting my period. So I'll assume my weight that day wasn't too accurate, hm? Wink

So, Monday's meals follows.

(I usually workout in the mornings, but due to recent health concerns, this morning I only did some mild static stretches for about 15 minutes) Brekky: Dry fried oat bran pancake and salmon with a poached egg. Coffee, black no sugar (my usual). Chamamille tea at my local tearoom. On Mondays for an hour I co-teach a fitness class for older adults. Today I took it easy and performed exercises without weights. Lunch: Dukan pizza without veggies or cheese. I grilled the top with sardines. Afternoon tea: couple slices of Dukan oat bran bread with cottage cheese and herbs. I workout in the evenings too. Tonight was my yoga class, 90 minutes. Went easy on a lot of the poses, though. Dinner was Dukan oat bran bread topped with cottage cheese, prawns sauteed in white wine and herbs, and some marinated octopus (rinsed). A few tablespoons of yoghurt for dessert.

Lots and lots of water, too. I try to make a habit of downing 2 glasses of water before and after meals, and sip often during the day. I don't always remember, though, so I get dehydrated quite often. Musn't let that happen while on this food plan, though, eh?

So, thoughts? Did I overdo it with the oat bran? There's where I'm confused. And also there seems to be protein only Dukan recipes that allow ingredients not--I thought--typically allowed during this phase such as tomatoes and cheese and yeast. ?? I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
slimkore
slimkore
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Slimkore's diary Empty Re: Slimkore's diary

Post  Iella Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:48 am

Hi

I'd say go a little easier on the oat bran as you're supposed to be on 1.5 tblsp a day for the first 2 phases.

Your wine is a bit dodgy too Razz

For the first couple of days I think you're doing right taking it a little easier - I've exercised every day from the start (30 mins Striding and 30 mins Swimming) but I took it easier too and it seems to have worked fine. Sugar/Caffeine withdrawal gave me a real headache for the first couple of days but that quickly passed.

Hope it goes well, I've been on it two weeks now and its the easiest food plan that I've ever been on for me.

Btw - well worth buying the book when you get chance as the extra info and reasons behind his theories are worth reading.

Iella
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  slimkore Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:41 am

Iella wrote:Hi

I'd say go a little easier on the oat bran as you're supposed to be on 1.5 tblsp a day for the first 2 phases..

Right. I had suspected the oat bran consumption was a bit overboard. Tomorrow I plan to just have the oat bran pancake--the rest, just protein, eh?

Iella wrote:Your wine is a bit dodgy too Razz

Hm...I thought I read somewhere that 1-2 Tbs of red or white was okay to cook with, but...fair enough. The wine goes. No

Iella wrote:Btw - well worth buying the book when you get chance as the extra info and reasons behind his theories are worth reading.

I guess I'd better...the websites are helpful with some things, but confusing with the first two phases. I don't know if the book is available yet in Australia, though. Crying or Very sad

Today I had to stray a bit off the "attack" phase simply because I had leftover veggies from last week that I didn't want going to waste. The rest went in the compost or to the chooks. I also read on one of the sites that tomato paste was okay as well as pickles, cocoa and stevia, baking powder, veggie broth and soy sauce during the "attack" phase. Thoughts?

So here was today's meals. Again, I did stray a bit, but I plan to get back into it more proper-like tomorrow.

No morning workout, just static stretches.

Brekky: Leftover oat bran bread from yesterday with a Tbs. each of yoghurt and cottage cheese, smoked trout and a poached egg. Black coffee, no sugar. Water, water, water. Morning tea: more yoghurt and cottage cheese.

Lunch: here's where I realised I still had a kale dish in the fridge that I didn't want going to waste. There was tahini and olive oil and tomatoes in it. I had that with the Dukan tofu patties (recipe found, I think, on the Dukan Facebook page). Delish. Then I had a dill pickle when I read that it was allowed. Afternoon tea: an awesome microwaved Dukan coffee cake made with egg, oat and wheat bran, yoghurt, baking powder, stevia, coffee, and I added a tsp. of cocoa. Wow! Again, is it really allowed? Obviously I wouldn't have that often cos I don't have much of a sweet-tooth anyway...I just wanted to try it to see if it worked. It did!

I live near a dormant volcano that I climb often--often sprint up when I'm fit. Very Happy Today was a 40-minute climb.

Dinner: again, strayed a bit with half a leftover baked sweet potato and parsnips (no oil). Had those with a dry-fried barrimundi sprinkled with herbs and spices and a Tbs. of no-salt tomato paste. Three Tbs. of yoghurt with a tsp of cocoa mixed in for dessert. The cocoa is nonfat and unsweetened, btw.

Lots of water.

I weighed myself for the helluvit sometime before lunch...I'm 0.7 kilos less than when I was in hospital on Thursday. I still don't reckon that's accurate, but it was good to see the numbers lower anyway. Smile Since these are meant to be intense days during the "attack" phase, I should weigh daily. Tomorrow I'll weigh in properly first thing in the morning, naked on an empty stomach just after I'd peed. tongue

Good luck, everyone, with your progress...and thanks Iella, for your input. Wink
slimkore
slimkore
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Slimkore's diary Empty Day 5

Post  slimkore Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:39 pm

I haven't weighed myself daily as I intended, but I feel very good and my jeans are feeling more loose. Very Happy

This has been an amazing last few days experimenting with the food (I'm pretty sure) I'm allowed during "attack". I opted to go the 5 days pure protein and I feel fine. Lots of water, so very hydrated--and hardly hungry!

Yesterday I eased into a 20-minute workout at home with 2-minute cardio, 2 sets @ 35 seconds of 9 exercises (I I love you my Gymboss timer!) and a 2-minute prone bridge, ending with a 5-minute stretch. I didn't push myself too hard, but it felt great to get back into it after being a bit crook earlier (before I started this diet back on Monday).

I just wanted to share this morning's brekky. A work of art!

(darn...I had a photo of it but lost it somehow... Crying or Very sad Anyway....)

Savoury oat bran pancakes topped with my homemade quark, dry-fried salmon, and an egg poached in broth with herbs and spices. YUM!

Tomorrow I start my protien-veggie days.

I hope everyone else is doing well!
slimkore
slimkore
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Slimkore's diary Empty Day 9

Post  slimkore Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:35 pm

I didn't lose much since I last posted but I was a bit naughty over the weekend (art opening = wine, cheese, and bread). I got back into it Monday with pure protein. I'm doing two days of pure protein, two days of protein plus veg, then Friday-Saturday-Sunday of "trying-to-be-very-good-but allowing-for-slip-ups-without-guilt" Rolling Eyes ha-ha, that's not easy--I'm naturally so hard on myself. Mad

With continuing health issues, exercise had to stay light and easy. Walks, hikes up the mount, light jogging, yoga and Tai Chi.

Monday's meals follows.

Brekky: yoghurt sprinkled with oat bran. Coffee, black. Morning tea: Tin of sardines, drained, mashed with homemade quark, herbs and spices. Lunch: Dry-fried swordfish with herbs and spices, and a hard-boiled egg. Afternoon tea: Can of mackeral mashed with yoghurt, mustard, and hot peppers. Dinner: Dry-fried tuna with curried prawns and a couple tablespoons of cottage cheese. Oh, and a hard-boiled egg (boring menu as I hadn't been on this week's trip to the shops yet...so had to work with what I had on hand....)...and lots and lots of water.

I weighed in at 76 kilos this morning. Yeah, not much of a loss (1.3 kilos). The pure protein didn't "shock" my body, I reckon, because it's used to this sort of meal plan anyway. Well, we'll see how things go along. I'm still open to any ideas and suggestions from anyone since I'm still flying blindly without owning a copy of "The Dukan Diet."

Best of luck to all! Smile
slimkore
slimkore
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Slimkore's diary Empty Starting over again

Post  slimkore Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:05 am

I went and got crook again sometime after my last post and fell off the wagon. I was coping with a lot of chest and lower back pain. I'm still slowly recovering from the back pain. Doctor's orders have me missing out on my usual exercise classes and cutting back to just daily walks and deep breathing exercises. I'd been feeling so low and restless, though. I'd been doing floor exercises to help with the back pain, and yesterday I went for a swim. I'm determined to get better so I can get back into what I miss the most...boxing!

I saw the book at the store the other day...$30! Augh...why do books cost so much in Australia?? Anyway, I'll probably get it but not until a few bills have been paid off. I paged through it and it got me thinking about starting it up again.

Last Friday I weighed in back at 77-point-something kg. The goal, again, is to reach my normal weight of somewhere just under 70 kg.

So, here I go again with Attack Phase for a few days.... Rolling Eyes
slimkore
slimkore
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Piper Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:47 am

You can order it from the book depository for half that cost:

http://www.bookoffers.com.au/?s=top10&isbn=9781444710328

http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9781444710328?a_aid=bookoffersus&selectCurrency=AUD

Free shipping too.

I live in Canada and this is where I got my book from. It came in about a week.
Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Slimkore's diary Empty Day 2

Post  slimkore Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:14 pm

Found the book today at Target for $19. Very Happy

76.2 kg this morning. Was really starving today...but somehow I did cope. Brekky: eggs scrambled in broth with onions and garlic and herbs. Lunch: curried prawns. Dinner: poached hoki with onions, a couple Tbs of cottage cheese and yoghurt. I was still hungry so I had a tin of (rinsed) smoked oysters. I was thinking about making up some galettes for a snack tonight...but I'm tired and can't be bothered. Sleep

G'nite!
slimkore
slimkore
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Slimkore's diary Empty Day 3

Post  slimkore Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:43 am

76.3 kg. Thirty-minute morning workout. cheers Brekky: galettes with poached eggs. Snack: yoghurt & cottage cheese. Lunch: Marinara mix with a za'atar spice blend I made a couple months ago. Snack: canned tuna mixed with yoghurt, dijon mustard and herbs. I'm going to an art opening tonight and I'll likely have some wine and nibbles, but I will try not to go overboard.
slimkore
slimkore
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  kimba Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:36 am

I love the way you are a little bit all over the place but still getting it right most of the time. I wonder if we weren't so strict it would still work just take a little longer? It would be like interval eating... the wine and cheese sounds sooo yummy
kimba
kimba
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Slimkore's diary Empty Day 5

Post  slimkore Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:52 am

kimba wrote:I love the way you are a little bit all over the place but still getting it right most of the time. I wonder if we weren't so strict it would still work just take a little longer? It would be like interval eating... the wine and cheese sounds sooo yummy

Yeah, I try to stay on track most of the time but I know if I'm going somewhere like an art opening I'm likely to indulge...and I don't want to beat myself up for it either. BTW, I was very good at the opening as the nibbles were dried fruit and roasted nuts and grapes and strawberries, but I just had samples of the cheeses (I know they were high-fat, but I just had small small small portions) and a couple glasses of red wine. The next morning I weighed in at 76.7 kg, but it could've been much worse!

Yesterday for lunch I used the galettes as bread for a sandwich, and I'm totally hooked now! That will be my lunch on PP days from now on, for sure! Delicious!

This morning: 75.0 kg. sunny

Since I am a little bit all over the place during this "Attack Phase", I'll probably go another PP-week. I'm really not too far now from my goal, and I don't mind if it'll take me the rest of the month to get there...it would be nice to be under 70 kgs by August.

Yesterday's meals, anyway: for brekky, poached eggs and smoked salmon; lunch, tuna steak and dijon mustard between two chive galettes--and a pickle; dinner, flaked salmon mixed with yoghurt and herbs--a salmon "salad". Exercise: well, a bit of a walk earlier, but not really; in the evening I went to the pool with my daughter and did many laps in the 45 minutes we were there.
slimkore
slimkore
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Slimkore's diary Empty Quark

Post  kimba Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:07 am

I like reading your diary because having just started this morning I need ideas for meals. I am wondering what is homemade Quark? Shocked
kimba
kimba
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Slimkore's diary Empty Quark

Post  slimkore Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:05 pm

kimba wrote:I am wondering what is homemade Quark? Shocked

The way I make it (the lazy way), it's just strained yoghurt. It spreads like softened cream cheese. Just line a strainer with cheesecloth or clean Chux towels, spoon in plain lowfat (or nonfat) natural or Greek yoghurt and leave it to strain for 24 hours in a cool spot. You can mix it with herbs before or after. It's also called labne in the Middle East. Real quark is different, but not much different.

Enjoy!
slimkore
slimkore
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Slimkore's diary Empty Day 10

Post  slimkore Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:22 am

And I'm done. This food plan just doesn't work for me. I finished reading the book the other day and there's a lot of stuff I don't agree with. Diet soda is poison. Be cold? That advice is great for anorexics. Aspartame? In a word...no.

If this works for others that's great but it's not for me. I don't have a sugar or processed foods addiction to get over; I eat only clean, whole foods anyway.

I'll keep the book for recipe ideas, however. I still love the galettes. Yum!

slimkore
slimkore
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:00 am

I've filtered the best from the things I know won't work for me. I never drank diet coke or other such things before, so I didn't start when going on the diet. Yes, some artificial sweeteners are dangerous. I'm working with more narural ones such as stevia. It's winter here, so we get cold anyway. I don't put cold water in my stomach though. Regardless of the small extra loss that might bring on, it makes me ill, so I don't do it. I think it's good to take what is working and leave the rest. Listen to your own body and your own good sense. I'm down 7.1 kg in less than 6 weeks, never hungrry, always full of energy, and the diet hasn't stalled as all others did in the past. For me, this is working. I'm almost quarter of the way towards my goal weight. I hope you find whatever works best for you.
Linda
Linda
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

http://www.chinese-swords-guide.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down