The Dukan Diet in English forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Going Rogue"

+3
belethca1wen
Caz
Terry19
7 posters

Go down

"Going Rogue" Empty "Going Rogue"

Post  Terry19 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:14 am

Today I had my first major slip up! It's been one of those days! Need I say more? I had dinner at six - Trout with asparagus (first time) brocolli and mangetout - I felt full for an hour or so and then I needed a treat... so I went to the shop and went MAD! Ham & leerdammer sandwich, sausage roll, cheese & onion, 2 boost bats and sprite (I did not know it has 110 cals!)
What do you do when you have cravings and need to reward yourself? I have revision coming up and then exams. My reason for being overweight is because I eat under stress. What should I do?

Terry19
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

"Going Rogue" Empty Re: "Going Rogue"

Post  Caz Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi Terry,
I'm certainly no expert on this diet but don't be too hard on yourself. Everyone has 'diet meltdown' from time to time and as long as you get back on track asap and move forward I'm sure it'll be fine. Good luck with your exams I've a daughter doing 1st year uni exams shortly and a son sitting AS levels too so I really do understand how stressful it can be.
ps I've tried the prepacked chicken breast pieces (either chargrilled or bbq flavour) they're a really good snack when you get the 'munchies' and very filling!
Good luck
Caz
Caz
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  belethca1wen Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:37 pm

Terry19 wrote:Today I had my first major slip up! It's been one of those days! Need I say more? I had dinner at six - Trout with asparagus (first time) brocolli and mangetout - I felt full for an hour or so and then I needed a treat... so I went to the shop and went MAD! Ham & leerdammer sandwich, sausage roll, cheese & onion, 2 boost bats and sprite (I did not know it has 110 cals!)
What do you do when you have cravings and need to reward yourself? I have revision coming up and then exams. My reason for being overweight is because I eat under stress. What should I do?

well the sprite you can replace by light sprite/7up ! Try not to abuse it but technically you can have as much of it as you want if it's under 1cal per serving.
I've found having a oat / wheat bran yoghurt and lemon cake ready for when those cravings arrive is a great thing for me. Chewing gum / bonbons (sugar free obviously) are allowed 10 a day so this can also be a great way to get the sweets cravings dealt with.
But if you can do try to snack first on something like chicken or other meat as that really does suppress your appetite.

These things are really for when the attack phase is over which I'm not sure you are - but definitely a better option than the completely forbidden stuff. Shit happens, try to get a little more exercise in if you can fit it in your schedule as that will really help but then forget about what happened and just make sure to also have something on hand for when this happens.
belethca1wen
belethca1wen
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Fishy Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi Terry

If you are going to do it then do it with style! I think we are all going to have slips here and there so I wouldn't worry tooo much about it. I always get the urge to clean the windows when I'm revising. Unfortunately it never happens at any other time during the year and I must admit that I give in to my urges every time. With regards to snacking food - chewing gum and sugar free sweets are great. Try to have as much allowed snacking food in the house as possible so you don't get tempted to raid the nearest shop. The precooked meat available in supermarkets sounds like a great idea.

I hope that helps but at the end of the day your exams are more important than your weight.

Good luck

Miss Fishy
Miss Fishy
Miss Fishy
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:36 pm

Hi Terry,

Your slip up was caused by anxiety. When you act out of anxiety things happen fast. That's the point of it. If you feel anxious and need to escape you want to do it as quick as possible. You can see the same thing when people have anxiety over their jobs. When they finally snap, they get up and walk out and burn all their bridges on the way out. It's the quickest way to get out and not have to come back. It the same when people get up and walk out of exams. Instead of trying to answer as many questions as possible they just get up and leave.

The key to controlling anxiety is to slow things down

• First of all. Agree with yourself that you are going to get yourself some snacks from the shop in 30mins time.
  • Second, decide on what the worst outcome of this action will be whilst drinking a glass of water (anxiety is most felt in the stomach)
  • Third, give yourself the following condition: you will go once you have eaten 1 packet of chicken or turkey slices and drunk one cup of tea or coffee, or one can of diet drink (7up Zero would be good one for you)
  • Fourth, write a list of what you want from the shop
  • Fifth, choose your favourite choice and eliminate all the others leaving one second favourite.
  • Sixth, walk slowly down to the shop to buy your 1st and 2nd choice.
  • Seventh, in the shop ask yourself if you could manage with only one. If not get both.
  • Eighth, wait until you get home until you eat the item.
  • Ninth, once home pour yourself a glass of water and sit at the table to drink it, before you eat the item.
  • Tenth. eat the item.

This drawn out process combats anxiety by allowing you time to relax. You can't be anxious and relaxed at the same time. You also use the anxious thoughts rather than try to fight them. You're mind is telling you to go out and get some snacks and instead of trying to resist, you are working with it. Organising the purchase of a snack.

It also allows you to eat significantly less if you do choose to slip.
Simon
Simon

http://dukan-diet.info

Back to top Go down

"Going Rogue" Empty Great advice!

Post  bluebird Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:59 pm

Simon wrote:Hi Terry,

The key to controlling anxiety is to slow things down

• First of all. Agree with yourself that you are going to get yourself some snacks from the shop in 30mins time.
  • Second, decide on what the worst outcome of this action will be whilst drinking a glass of water (anxiety is most felt in the stomach)
  • Third, give yourself the following condition: you will go once you have eaten 1 packet of chicken or turkey slices and drunk one cup of tea or coffee, or one can of diet drink (7up Zero would be good one for you)
  • Fourth, write a list of what you want from the shop
  • Fifth, choose your favourite choice and eliminate all the others leaving one second favourite.
  • Sixth, walk slowly down to the shop to buy your 1st and 2nd choice.
  • Seventh, in the shop ask yourself if you could manage with only one. If not get both.
  • Eighth, wait until you get home until you eat the item.
  • Ninth, once home pour yourself a glass of water and sit at the table to drink it, before you eat the item.
  • Tenth. eat the item.

This drawn out process combats anxiety by allowing you time to relax. You can't be anxious and relaxed at the same time. You also use the anxious thoughts rather than try to fight them. You're mind is telling you to go out and get some snacks and instead of trying to resist, you are working with it. Organising the purchase of a snack.

It also allows you to eat significantly less if you do choose to slip.

Great advice. Thank you! I have printed out the 10 points to keep handy!

xx

bluebird
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

"Going Rogue" Empty buddy you are on the wrong website AGAIN

Post  mummymouse Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:36 pm

mtptl77 wrote:
The minority staff of the U.S. Senate Environment and Public Works Committee issued a report last month that answers that question: “Our investigation found that the Obama Administration is using the Clean Water Act Section 404 permitting process to dismantle the coal industry in the Appalachian region.”

The EPA also has the power – and according to the US Supreme Court, the duty – to regulate “greenhouse gases” under the Clean Air Act, and its December endangerment finding formalized its conclusion that these gases threaten the environment.
==============
Business Software | Online Business

Are you not on another web site , spouting all kinds of non important info, that has nothing to do with this diet????? Am i the only one finding your strange quotes as really weird. thiknk the last one was about English . another about bathroom scales. non had a point.

mummymouse
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

"Going Rogue" Empty Its ok, you will be fine

Post  mummymouse Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi T19

Well fessing up is a major thing, falling of the wagon can be very normal. So you had a moment of " oh my god, i need comfort food" we all do it.
Last time i did that i put on 9lb ( march)

The 10 point check list is a fabulous idea. Keep pre made food ready and at hand. Boiled eggs, cups of hot drinks. Make natural yog up and mix in Options sugar free choc powder. they come in loads of flavors.

Onken do a huge ( i mean huge) tub of Vanilla yog, fat free. Eat the entire pot with a tea spoon. It takes ages, tastes sooooooo good and you WILL be full at teh bottom of the pot.
Freeze diet coke/lemonade into ice cube trays, suck and crunch while you study.
Drink more water. nibble prawns/crab sticks
Have your bran as porridge, puts lots of sweetner in it, and add milk, micro for a min, add bit more milk, stir, micro for 30 secs, stir, let sit to thicken ad bit more milk if you want. and gobble it up.
Graze all day long, at least eat every 2 hours.

Lidle do grab bags of gum, blackcurrent, lemon and honey/mint. all sugar free. Eat 4 at a time. chew gum all day,
YOU MUST NOT LET YOURSELF GET HUNGRY.

I hope you will not be too hard on yourself. Stop having internal conversations with yourself. Be nice to yourself. Everyone here is supporting you, willing you on, and cheering you through your stress and anxiety. Once exams are over you will be fine.
You are amazing, clever , smart and beautiful, now say that over and over and over.

Good luck hunny

MMxxx
Very Happy

mummymouse
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down