The Dukan Diet in English forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mummymouse, weight falling off!!!!

4 posters

Go down

Mummymouse, weight falling off!!!! Empty Mummymouse, weight falling off!!!!

Post  mummymouse Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi everyone

So i have been on this Dukan diet for almost 6 weeks now. I have lost a total of 32lb so far.
I have not slipped, fallen or stressed on this diet. It has been easy from the very start. I eat when i need to, drink loads and listen to my body. I have ahuge bowl of porridge (oatbran) every morning, and it is lovely, i converted a porridge hater to try it and she has never enjoyed it so much. Plus its great to start the day on a hot meal.
My body no longer screams " pull over and get chocolate and eat till you are going to burst"

I have gone from a UK22 to a UK16 in 5 weeks!!!!!!!! Laughing ( that would make a USA12 i think?)

This is the happiest diet i have ever heard about. I have tried them all, slimming world, Weight watchers, Atkins blah blah blah.
This is a non thinking diet. My Dukan book is my bible!!! i read it often, i do just what it says.
However i am not as strict as i should be. The first attack, i was focused and stuck hard and fast to the rules. the Consilidation i added a spoon of oil now and then, not often, ( once a week tops) But i have had NO URGES TO CHEAT. My body loves this way of eating.
So please to all you newbies to the diet. READ YOUR BOOK, keep to the rules, be sensible. the Attack is so short, and believe it or not so is the Consiladition phase.
THE MORE YOU EAT THE MORE YOU LOOSE. Drink lots.
I haven't even started walking yet, i am waiting till i stagnate, very lazy i know. But as the weight is falling off, and my life style is very hectic, then i am not too worried right now.

i would like to say that i have been on the Official Dukan website, and there are more women complaining of stagnating and suffering water retention than there are loosing weight. i am on 3 sites, the official site is the only one where they are having probs.
And it all comes down the the fact they are eating small portions and not giving their bodies enough calories to burn, or they are not drinking enough. 1.5Lt is the minimum.
My plan on starting this diet was to get to 12St. Well that goal is just a few lb's away. So my next target is 11St, its no longer a dream, its a possibility that I CAN achieve easily.
If i can do this ANYONE CAN.

Good luck to you all. Use you book, use the sites, ask questions and keep up the fantastic work. For it is you that is leading the way to the newbies to come. they will read how you are all loosing weight and your amazing stories and think well if they can do it, so i must be able to also.

Much love dear Dukan Diva's

MMxxx

Very Happy Very Happy Cool Very Happy

mummymouse
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Mummymouse, weight falling off!!!! Empty well done!

Post  bluebird Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:03 pm

Well done mummymouse!
What an encouraging post! Keep up the good work!

xx

bluebird
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Mummymouse, weight falling off!!!! Empty re: WELL DONE!!! / Weight falling off

Post  hlinds Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:05 pm

WOW - that is fantastic!!!! I was impressed with my 11 pounds in almost 4 weeks but your loss is amazing - kudos to you!!!!!! cheers cheers You are an inspiration to me, thank you!

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Mummymouse, weight falling off!!!! Empty Re: Mummymouse, weight falling off!!!!

Post  mummymouse Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Hi Hlinds

Thanks for the compliment. Kudo's hey, i will take those any time lol.

So i weighed today and lost nothing since last wed. Am i concerned? not at all. Had a couple of G&T's at weekend and went for curry, stuck to dry fried prawn dish and salad. Went for lunch yesterday and had a 3 egg omlette with salad. couldn't eat it all. I am also due on in about 4 days, and this happened last month, 4 days before my weight stopped dropping.

I have lost so much so quickly, so there is no worry for me. So i don't loose this week, not the end of the world.

I will keep stating to you all that PLEASE EAT LOTS!!!!!!!!!
I had a long conversation with my darling mumma this morning, she is eating less in one day than i do for an evening meal ( mother i hope you are taking note)

You all, MUST EAT MORE. i will give you a run down of a days food i ate in the first two weeks while i was in hungry mode.
Breakfast 8am 2 tbs oatbran made as porridge ( 1tb was not enough) and i have stuck to 2 tbls ever since.
snack 11am Pack of ham ( Tesco lighter choice)
lunch 1pm Whole pack of smoked salmon and huge tub of Onken Vanilla fat free yog ( pint size ) i ate the entire pot of yog. I would have a boiled egg and a few little pickles and gerkins as condiments .
snack 3pm pack of chicken breast sliced with a herb crust , at teh entire pack ( about 15 slices)
dinner 7pm 2 salmon steaks ( marinated in soy sauce, raw ginger and garlic) and a huge bag of value prawns same marinade. i ate the entire bag of prawns.
snack 9pm more yog,
On top of this i drank 2 Lts of water and cups or tea and coffee.

So you see i ate a lot of food. After Attack i kept same amount of food and added veg in. ALOT of veg.

So if you are not loosing lots of weight, its because you are NOT FEEDING YOUR BODY.

You can not have small amounts and expect your body to be strippped of carbs/sugar and hope the small amount of meat/protein you fee it will help you drop lots of weight.

Vary your diets, introduce new flavors/spices/herbs. Drink lots.
It will happen. some of us are lucky enough to loose more than others, but the out come is the same.
WE ARE ALL LOOSING weight.

i take my hat off to you all. Keep up the great work, keep positive, stay focused and make your goals small ones and just aim for one goal at a time. It takes the pressure off. Oh and stop weighing every day, it can be very damaging to some of you. 2x a week is more than enough, and stops you seeing your weight dip up and down in the 24 hours.

much love

MMxxx Very Happy

mummymouse
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  hlinds Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:45 pm

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!! cheers

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  mummymouse Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:38 pm

Well gang

I had a week of not loosing then lost 4lb last week ( actually i put on 2lb due to TOM!!) but lost it and 2 more, so i was more than happy.

I am getting to the point where i have no idea what week i am on any longer. I think i am about week 8ish. Started on June 10th.
so my weight has finally slowed down, but i am still not worried. I have had two weeks of eating out. I have been careful but not strict. i have made a huge effort to stick to this diet, it has paid off, i am happy where i am , people are just starting to notice. I am in a GOOD PLACE RIGHT NOW. There is no rush.
I went out for yet another meal last night to celebrate my 12th Wedding anniversary. That in itself is a huge accomplishment. So to loose 2 1/2 stone this past few months is a bonus.

i am confident, certain, positive and focused that i will loose my weight. There are no boundrie's, there is no negativity or underlying excuse that i can not or will not reach my target.
It is so important that you all have that mind set from the get go. This is achievable !!!

I have passed 3 targets so far!!!!!!!
Starting weight 14st 9lb. 10/6/10
target 1= reach 14st
target 2= reach 13st
target 3= reach 12stone ( soooo close)
If i reach target 3 i am having a Cinnabon , if i don't loose the 3lb to get to this target then i will not have one, its that simple.

I would like to add that i have just started to come down with a cold..... AAATTTTIIssshhhooooo!!!
I am wondering if this is due to the diet? i say that as i know 2 other Dukan Diva's who have got colds at around this time of the diet ( ie week 6-Cool So i would say to you all get some multi vitamins into you sooner rather than later, as it could be that while we are dieting we are not getting all the nutrients we need. So right now i am on high dose of effervessant vit C ( slow release don't hit tissue as quick) and i have started taking multi vit's. I will blast Vit C through me for the next few days and drink extra water to make sure i don't OD on Vit C.

My girl friend has done so well too, and just finished week 3 and lost 10lb!!! She is a vegetarian so it is a little harder for her to vary all food, but she is making an amazing start. I am sooo proud of her.

I am proud of all of us. Remember we are leading the way for the newbies to come. And COME they will, In their droves when the word really gets out to the masses. Thats the bit i look forward too.
Right now people are saying "Dukan what????"

right i am of to make me a cuppa tea.

Hugs in multitudes to you all , keep up the fantastic work, every day is a step closer to being healthier. Be kind to yourself, love yourself and smile at yourself when you see your reflection in the mirror.

MMxxx

mummymouse
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  mummymouse Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:43 pm

Dah!!! in the above post i seem to have a rogue smiley face!! it should read (week 6-Cool RE: coming down with a cold!!!

MMxxx pale

mummymouse
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  mummymouse Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:44 pm

ARRGGHH!! rogue smiley face still showing on my post
should read ( week six to eight)
MMxxx

mummymouse
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:49 pm

The cold may not be related to the diet. Over here they keep saying things about the elements in multivitamins that are dangerous for women, so I'm not taking them, on purpose Smile. It's winter, just snowed for two days - not even a sniffle this season and I'm in my 8th week of cruise. Hope you feel better soon though. I find taking a zinc tablet taken when that first itchy feeling in the back of the throat begins, stops a cold or greatly reduces it. Too late when you've got it though... chicken soup and hot tea.
Linda
Linda
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

http://www.chinese-swords-guide.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hlinds Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:10 pm

**just wanted to say one more time - YOU ARE AWESOME -

side note: congrats on your Wedding Anniversary - 12 years is fantastic, my husband and I have been married for 14 (this is my second).

second note: Linda, I am so very jealous of you - already having Winter - it is 102 degrees here today and the same weather is expected to last all week. YEA for snow!!!! Heidi

hlinds
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  mummymouse Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:04 pm

BOOHOO, you have snow!!! SOOOOOOOOO NOT FAIR... Mother make her stop being mean to me, the nasty lady says she has snow,,, boo hoo boo hoo. Crying or Very sad
As to the hot weeather girlie,, ooohh you can keep that kind of mad sunshine, one look at the sun for me and i have third degree burns, although we could do with a little sun please, its chucking it down outside,but am still sulking about the snow matter!!!!! lol

Well today i feel a little better, well i'm out of bed so thats a start. But have a cough and cold, but as its actually coming out thats a good thing. Am taking my vit C, but will get the Zinc though, thanks for that.
i think also i have a lower immune system due to thyroid disease. I seem to always be sick with something or other, so nothing new there.

Hugs
MMxxx

pale

mummymouse
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down