The Dukan Diet in English forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Piper's Pursuit

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Piper's Pursuit Empty Piper's Pursuit

Post  Piper Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:55 pm

Day 1 - Attack (aka Carnivore Days)
Starting Weight - 258 lbs (ouch)

Meal 1 - Coffee, galette, 2 slices of ham, 2 eggs

I thought the galette was great. I put an egg, 1.5 tbsp of zero fat cottage cheese and 1.5 tbsp of oat bran in a small Magic Bullet container and whirled away. I let it sit for a couple of minutes then poured it into a non-stick pan and cooked it like a pancake. When it was done, I set it on a plate and tossed 2 slices of ham into the pan to warm up and brown a bit. I put the ham on the galette and then scrambled eggs which I put on top of the ham. I thought it was really yummy. I liked the taste of the galette (I have not eaten oats in about three years). I am seriously stuffed right now but am trying to sip on some water. I think I can cut back on one of the slices of ham and one of the eggs next time and see if it carries me to lunch.

Meal 2 - Small lean steak, garlic yogurt sauce

I cooked my steak in my Nuwave oven, it was very lean so not much fat dripped off but a bit did. I made a bit of sauce with yo-cheese (zero fat yogurt drained overnight in a colander line with cheese cloth), minced garlic and a dash of Worchestershire. The steak was small but it managed to fill me up. I have been drinking lots of ice water all day and used by Keurig to make a cup of hot tea. I think I will made an iced tea later. Lots of trips to the washroom so that is a good thing.

I use three appliances faithfully everyday: My Nuwave oven, Magic Bullet and Keuring coffee maker. I also have a great cast iron fry pan that I use to make the galettes.

Meal 3 - Salmon with Garlic, Lemon, Dill Sauce, lemon cheese dessert, black coffee

I Nuwaved a portion of salmon with a sauce made of yo-cheese, garlic, Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper and dill. For dessert I made a mixture of zero fat cottage cheese, quark, yo-cheese, concentrated liquid Splenda and lemon extract. I whirled it in the magic bullet and it came out creamy and yummy.

I had a long nap this afternoon which felt great. I walked to the Marina tonight for the Canada Day fireworks and then walked back. It was 20 minutes each way so I got my required walking in and then some. I feel great tonight, no evening munchies at all. Looking forward to my galette in the morning.

Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Piper's Pursuit Empty Re: Piper's Pursuit

Post  Piper Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:18 pm

Day 2 - Attack
Weight - 252 lbs
Daily Loss - 6 lbs
Total Loss - 6 lbs

Woo Hoo! 6 lbs of water gone, now it is time to start shedding some fat!

Meal 1 - Coffee, galette, 2 slices of ham, 2 eggs

Again, very filling and satisifying. I think I will keep eating this for breakfast until I get sick of it.

Meal 2 - Small lean steak, dijon yogurt sauce, mango tea

Meal 3 - Meatballs, lemon cheese dessert, Pepsi lime

I made the meatballs with extra lean beef and cooked them in my Nuwave so all the fat dripped off. I put odds and ends in the mixture including an egg, garlic, onion Mrs. Dash, tomato sauce, oat bran and cottage cheese.

I was a little hungrier than yesterday before my third meal.

Drank tons of water again today.

I will go for a walk later this evening if the rain holds off.

I am finding this diet pretty easy so far. I did a month of straight meat before (no dairy). The big difference was that I ate fatty meat. I am not missing the vegetables yet so I am hoping to go for ten days attack since I have so much to lose.
Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Piper Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:50 pm

Day 3 - Attack
Weight - 250 lbs
Daily Loss - 2 lbs
Total Loss - 8 lbs

Meal 1 - Coffee, scrambled eggs with green onion, ham

Meal 2 - Galette with meatballs, Crystal Lite

Meal 3 - Cup of beef broth with a splash of balsamic vinegar

I wasn't hungry at supper time (late lunch) so I went for a walk instead and visited friends at the campground. I wasn't hungry when I got back home either so I opted for a nice cup of hot broth.

I went for a walk this evening on a local hiking trail today which ended up being a lot tougher than a gentle walk and it lasted almost an hour. I have a terrible head cold right now so I am hoping that all that fresh air and exercise helps to clear things up.
Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Piper Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:32 pm

Day 4 - Attack
Weight - 249 lbs
Daily Loss - 1 lbs
Total Loss - 9 lbs

Meal 1 - Galette, eggs and ham

Meal 2 - Chicken Breast - plain

Meal 3 - Thai cream of chicken soup, lemon yogurt

To make the soup, I dry fried some ground chicken then added it to some chicken broth with a Thai chili. Once it was hot, I put it in my Magic Bullet with a low-fat Laughing Cow wedge and whirled it up. It was great!

Walked in another park tonight. Drank tons of liquids today. No desire for veggies yet so I guess I will keep on with attack for a bit longer.
Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Piper Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Day 5 - Attack
Weight - 249 lbs
Daily Loss - 0 lbs
Total Loss - 9 lb
PST

Meal 1 - Coffee, green onion galette top with smoked salmon and a runny egg

I mix my galette ingredient in a Magic Bullet (mini rocket blender). Today I threw in some green onions. The result was great especially with salmon and eggs.

It rained overnight and this morning so I went out this afternoon and pulled a bunch of weeds. I have been very neglectful of my yard this year due to work and being sick so it was nice to get out there and do something. I am still not fully recovered so I may have overdid it a bit. I am not sure if I need the 20 minute walk today, pulling those weeds had me sweating and puffing enough. Hopefully I will be up to some light housework later.

Meal 2 - Beefy Jerky and Cottage Cheese

Meal 3 - Sardines with vinegar, chicken broth with Laugh Cow Light and Tahi Chilli, lemon yogurt

Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Piper Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:24 pm

Day 6 - Attack
Weight - 249 lbs
Daily Loss - 0 lbs
Total Loss - 9 lb

No loss again but no surprise. My period started yesterday, I pulled weeds and am very sore today and I had too much salt yesterday. Good news is that I probably still burned fat and it will eventually show up on the scale again.

Meal 1 - Vanilla yogurt with pumpkin spice

Meal 2 - Summer Seafood Salad (Smoked salmon, shrimp, scallops, crab, yo-cheese, garlic, parsley, lemon)

Meal 3 - Galette, ham, eggs, lemon lemon yogurt
Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Piper Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:17 pm

Day 7 - Attack
Weight - 248 lbs
Daily Loss - 1 lbs
Total Loss - 10 lb

Meal 1 - Coffee, salmon burger between two burger sized galettes sprinkled with green onion

I love that feeling of fullness after eating a galette and drinking a large glass of water.

Still no desire to start cruise phase. I am going away for a week this Saturday and really do not want to start buying veggies before I do.

Meal 2 - Steak Oscar, sf jelly and lemon yogurt

Meal 3 - Chicken broth blended with a clove of garlic and a wedge of Laughing Cow Light.

I got up late and had my first meal late. I was not very hungry after the steak so I opted just for some broth in the evening to hold me over until morning.

I made the Bernaise sauce from the book and put both shrimp and crab in it. I served it over a small lean steak. Very yummy.

Three more days of attack to go. I am traveling on Saturday so I will play that by ear. I may switch to veggies a day early.

Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Piper's Pursuit Empty Sugar free jelly???

Post  bluebird Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi Piper,
Are we allowed sugar free jelly??

fingers-crossed!!

xx

bluebird
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Piper Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:59 pm

bluebird wrote:Hi Piper,
Are we allowed sugar free jelly??

fingers-crossed!!

xx

Hi Bluebird,

Yes we are allowed sugar free jelly or as we call it in Canada - jello. It is a nice break and it helps keep your nails strong too.
Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Piper Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:00 pm

Day 8 - Attack
Weight - 246 lbs
Daily Loss - 2 lbs
Total Loss - 12 lb
Week One Total Loss - 12 lbs

Woo Hoo, that is 12 lbs in the first week. I am hoping for a solid 2 - 3 per week from now on.

Meal 1 - Galette Salmon Burger

Meal 2 - Yogurt

Meal 3 - Asian Beef, jelly with yogurt

I bought some German mustard with dill today that smells so yummy, I can't wait to try it. I also bought some Phillipino and Mexican spices to add some more flavour variety.

Last edited by Piper on Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Piper Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Day 9 - Attack
Weight - 246 lbs
Daily Loss - 0 lbs
Total Loss - 12 lb

Meal 1 - Yogurt and beef slices

Meal 2 - Green onion galette with eggs and ham

Meal 3 - Seafood in yogurt and garlic saue

I walked today and mowed the lawn. I am feeling a bit hungry but I want to wait until supper before having anything. Nothing really appeals to me right now. I was on a diet similar to this one a couple of years ago and lost 100 lbs (I have gained some of it back). I remember how wonderful it was not to have constant cravings for food and to not feel like eating all the time. It is so nice to get that feeling again.

Last edited by Piper on Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Piper's Pursuit Empty Woo-hoo!

Post  slimkore Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:17 am

Hi Piper. Great job on the loss! Wink Yesterday I used the galettes as bread and had a salmon burger too, and I'm addicted! I'm having galette sandwich/burger-lunches on PP days from now on! Yum!

All the best! Very Happy
slimkore
slimkore
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Piper Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:29 am

slimkore wrote:Hi Piper. Great job on the loss! Wink Yesterday I used the galettes as bread and had a salmon burger too, and I'm addicted! I'm having galette sandwich/burger-lunches on PP days from now on! Yum!

All the best! Very Happy

Thanks Slimkore! I wish I could have two galettes a day. I think when I move up to cruise in a couple of days and I can up my oat bran, I will try to make 4 medium sized galettes and have them twice during the day. Salmon burgers are going to be my standard lunch on PP days when I got back to work. They would be good on PV days too with some onion, tomatoes and lettuce.
Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Piper Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:03 pm

Day 10 - Attack
Weight - 246 lbs
Daily Loss - 0 lbs
Total Loss - 12 lb

I am heading on the road today to go visit my dad for a week. I have a seven hour drive. Here are the foods I am taking with me in a small cooler:

Yogurt, meatballs, green onion galette, chicken breast, ham slices, laughing cow lit.

I figure I will snack as I go along. I am thinking I will pack my scale but will not be able to check on for a few days since my dad is not going to get his wireless internet until Monday night. I bought him a new Macbook that I am taking to him and giving him lessons on. It should be fun.

Last edited by Piper on Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  kimba Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:45 am

Hey Piper, Love your entries. I never thought of the laughing cow! I used to buy them for my daughter's lunchbox but am now adding them to my list. Have a great visit with your dad Very Happy

Oh i think I saw in one of the recipes that instead of the gallette or dukan bread as the bun, someone used those big flat mushrooms instead..... I am a mushroom lover and can't wait to try it when my pp/pv phase kicks in
kimba
kimba
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Piper Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:39 pm

Day 11 - Cruise PV
Weight - 245 lbs
Daily Loss - 1 lbs
Total Loss - 13 lb

I did well travelling yesterday, I am down another pound today and 1 pound away for my first stone.

Today is my first crusise day. I bought some veggies but I am not sure what I will have today. Maybe some cauliflower soup and a salad.

Meal 1 - Chicken breast, pickled asparagus, mini cucumber

Meal 2 - Meatballs, galette, cucumber in yogurt with vinegar

Meal 3 - Summer Seafood Salad, Creamy Thai Cauliflower Soup (cauliflower, chicken broth, Thai Chilli, Garlic, Laughing Cow Light)

First day veggies was not as spectacular as anticipated. I had no appetite today and did not eat much of anything. My dad is trying out the various foods and is liking it so far. I will get him all set up with the diet by the time I leave. I have been doing the grocery shopping and cooking so it has been easy to stay on plan. Tuesday I will be having salad, I did not have any today.
Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Piper Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:42 am

Day 12 - Cruise PP
Weight - 245 lbs
Daily Loss - 0 lbs
Total Loss - 13 lb

Meal 1 - Oat Bran with skim milk and yogurt

Meal 2 - Roast Beef

Meal 3 - Chicken, roast beef, ham, seafook salad, meatball (I wee bit of each), yogurt

I was very thirsty today so I drank a fair bit. The thought of eating just protein really turned me off food today. I ate only because I knew I had to, not because I wanted to. I am now looking forward to the veggies tomorrow.
Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Piper Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:03 pm

Day 13 - Cruise PV
Weight - 245 lbs
Daily Loss - 0 lbs
Total Loss - 13 lb

Meal 1 - Ham, mushroom, red pepper and green onion omelette

No weight loss today, I did have some chicken broth before bed that has sodium so I am hoping that I have shed some fat but it just isn't showing on the scale today.

Meal 2 - Curry chicken, galette and salad

Meal 3 - Asian beef, asparagus with Dukan Hollandaise, jelly topped with yogurt

I wrote out directions and recipes for my dad tonight. He is going to give this diet a try. I have been cooking all the meals for him so far, I hope he will get on alright after I leave.

Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Piper Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:21 pm

Day 14 - Cruise PP
Weight - 245 lbs
Daily Loss - 0 lbs
Total Loss - 13 lb

No loss again today but I am on holidays and away from home. I have followed the diet 100% except the exercise. I walk with my dad but he is 71 and is very slow going so instead of a brisk walk it is more of a leisurely saunter for me. It tires out dad so it is good for him. I will have to kick it up a notch with the walking when I get home on Saturday.

Meal 1 - Ham and eggs, lemon yogurt, tea

Meal 2 - Veggie free hot and sour soup

Meal 3 - Salmon burger (galette), yogurt

Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Piper Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:31 am

Day 15 - Cruise Pv
Weight - 244 lbs
Daily Loss - 1 lbs
Total Loss - 14 lb
Week Two Total Loss - 2 lbs

Meal 1 - Hot and Sour Soup

Meal 2 - Cedar Plank Salmon, mashed cauliflower, asparagus with Dukan Hollandaise Sauce, green salad

Meal 3 - Sweet galette with yogurt filling

Woo Hoo! One stone gone!

Last edited by Piper on Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Piper Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:18 am

Day 16 - Cruise PP
Weight - 244 lbs
Daily Loss - 0 lbs
Total Loss - 14 lb

On the road again back home.

Meal 1 - Yogurt, 2 slices of ham

Meal 2 - Ham, sweet galette, laughing cow

Meal 3 - Chicken broth, laughing cow, Thai Chilli soup, yogurt

I am not really hungry for anything else.

I out a frozen chicken breast in a bag with yogurt and some tandoori spice. I will grill it tomorrow.
Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Piper Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:51 pm

Day 17 - Cruise PV
Weight - 243 lbs
Daily Loss - 1 lbs
Total Loss - 15 lb

Meal 1 - Egg Foo Young, Coffee,

Meal 2 - Salmon Burger (toasted green onion galette) with tomatoes, onions and ketchup, pickled asparagus, pickled green beans, sour onions, Babybel Lite

Meal 3 - Tandoori Chicken, Green salad, yogurt
Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Piper Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:12 pm

Day 18 - Cruise PP
Weight - 242 lbs
Daily Loss - 1 lbs
Total Loss - 16 lb

Down another pound, woo hoo, and after a veggie day too. I did pee a lot yesterday so some of the water being held in my fat cells must have been released. I am ready to see the 30's soon.

Meal 1 - Yogurt, coffee

Meal 2 - Ham and cheese sandwich (Dukan bread spread with Laughing Cow Lite and piled with ham)

Meal 3 - Dry fried hamburger with a squirt of sf ketchup, a dollop of Greek yougurt, beef broth and a dash of Worchestershire), creamy jello (jello made with 1 cup water and 1 cup yogurt)
Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Piper Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:52 pm

Day 19 - Cruise PV
Weight - 241 lbs
Daily Loss - 1 lb
Total Loss - 17 lbs

Down another pound again today! I am looking forward to tweaking the bread recipe I used a bit today and making some rhubard chutney to eat with chicken.

Meal 1 - Egg Foo Young with Sauce

Meal 2 - Ham and Cheese Sandwich and Creamy Cauliflower Soup

Meal 2 - Lean Grilled Pork and Green Salad

I decided to add lean pork to my diet because the pork where I come from is much leaner than the beef and has just as much protein. I lost before eating learn pork so I don't expect any problems.

Last edited by Piper on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piper
Piper
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Post  Piper Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:29 pm

Day 20 - Cruise PP
Weight - 241 lbs
Daily Loss - 0 lbs
Total Loss - 17 lbs