The Dukan Diet in English forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Dukaners

Go down

Hello Dukaners Empty Hello Dukaners

Post  SuseA Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:28 am

I registered this morning, though have been lurking on this forum for about a week now. I received my book last Tuesday, almost through now and off to the shops today to stock-up on yummy proteins and try and track down some oat bran.

At the moment I feel really motivated, but I know from past (failed) diet experiences this 'high' is temporary and why I think it's really important to join forums and share the load with the only people who can understand - and that's the folks who are going through the same - so YOU Very Happy

My initial struggle will be the no alcohol rule. I have developed a habit of unwinding with a glass (or two) of wine most evenings. My work can be stressy at times, but I know I use that as an excuse too. I actually think having to abstain is a good thing, but I'm going to have to come up with some sort of distraction.

My ideal weight would be around 9.7 stone, but I think 10 is probably more realistic and sustainable. I am 5ft 4 ins and at my lowest got to 9 stone up to 13.8 at my heaviest. I'm sitting at 12.5 right now and have been that weight for the last 2 to 3 years. I've yo-yo'd on and off diets for years now and I'm fast approaching the dreaded menopause and fear my weight will continue to grow and my diet history has affected my metabolism. So I'm under no illusion that this is going to take time - but I'm looking forward to getting to know lots of folks here along the way.

Right now I'm off to do a bit more swotting up - back to the book.

SuseA
Newly Expressive
Newly Expressive

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum